Ghana Co-operatives Council
The Ghana Co-operatives Council is the supra Apex body for all Co-operatives in the Country and holds the prime objectives of ensuring the promotion and development of co-operatives in Ghana. Currently fourteen National Apex Co-operative Associations are affiliated to the Council. The Council is also affiliated to the International Co-operatives Alliance (ICA). All National Co-operative Associations are listed in the Council. It operates in four (4) sectors, these are:
To become the embodiment of viable Co-operative Apex Associations capable of promoting job and wealth creation for the reduction of poverty among members.
The Ghana Co-operatives Council is an apex organization that promotes and develops co-operatives and other self-help organizations on a sustainable basis by facilitating an enabling environment and providing quality services for the economic and social well-being of its members, non-members and the communities.
- Promoting Co-operatives in the Country
- Promote the principles, ethics and values of co-operatives in Ghana.
- Provide education and training to co-operative society leaders, managers and members
- Encourage the development of co-operative enterprises and assist in their organization through the provision of business development and advisory services including
- Marketing Advisory Services
- Re-business training
- Capacity building
- Financial management training
- Skills development
- Extension and follow-up services
- Co-operative management
- Collect and collate information and statistics relating to or of interest to co-operatives and other stakeholders.
- Disseminate co-operative information gathered through reports, publications and workshops
- Represent Ghanaian Co-operatives nationally and internationally
- Provide business development to non-co-operative and private enterprises.
- Cooperative Advocacy
- Settling of Disputes