Department of Integrated Community Centres for Employable Skills
DICCES exists to equip the youth with employable skills through vocational skills training at the community level.
A leader in the development and delivery of employable skills in West Africa.
DICCES exist to equip and empower the poor and vulnerable citizens especially those in the remote communities in Ghana through the implementation of sector policies, programmes, projects, in employable entrepreneurship skills in a well-resourced environment with motivated staff.
The DICCES performs the following specific functions:
- Develop capacity in skills training and retraining;
- Promote community involvement in the provision of technical/vocational and viable handicraft training for the youth particularly, J.H.S. and S.H.S. leavers, early exiters and lower academic levels as well as those without any education;
- Support communities (especially rural) in mobilizing resources within and outside their communities for the establishment running of the community-based DICCES Centres and Production Units;
- Support Centres to attain high levels of sufficiency and self-employment for their trainees through entrepreneurial training and the formation of cooperatives;
- Collaborate with the District Assemblies and other stakeholders to support DICCES projects; and
- Conduct research and develop plans for the sustenance and expansion of the community-based vocational training concept in Ghana.
- Sensitize, advocate and counsel potential beneficiaries on the opportunities of DICCES concept.