The Management Development and Productivity Institute (MDPI) was established on 26th October, 1967 under a joint Ghana Government, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and International Labour Organisation (ILO) Project. The Institute replaced its forerunner, the National Productivity Centre (NPC) which had been established in June 1964 as part of the then Planning Commission. The Legislative Instrument (LI) 1077 of 1st July, 1976 incorporated the Management Development and Productivity Institute as a parastatal. The Institute was formally handed over to the Ghana Government by the UNDP and ILO in 1977 when the joint sponsorship ended.
To become market leader in the development of productivity improvement strategies and the promotion of best management practices.
To promote increased productivity, in both public and private sector organizations, in order to increase the growth of Ghana’s economy on a sustainable basis.
The functional areas of MDPI are: